The Artist – Tina Osborne
Bio and Artistic Perspective 2023
After 35 years of training, management and director experience with the Federal Public Service, Tina continued her largely self-taught personal art experiences and augmented that with jewellery design, wearable art, and alternative painted surfaces.
Tina is strongly influenced by her two year naturalist experience as ‘Artist in the Park’ at Presqu’ile Provincial Park, where her Garden and Botanical art were first expressed. In addition to painting animals, and people, aquascapes and landscapes, many of her other works also express inner landscapes. She is a multi-media artist using watercolour, acrylic, coloured pencil, pastel and inks.
Work has won awards at juried shows and have also been hung in the Expressions, Parrott Gallery and Belleville Art Association Juried Shows, Belleville; Art in the County, Picton and in the Impresario Gallery, Cobourg. She has participated in Art in the Community in Belleville, Picton and Brighton as well as produced work for the Quinte Reclamation Project, the Picton and Kingston Regional Horticultural Shows and various other causes and events.She has also been featured and written for the Umbrella QAC newsletter and on the Belleville Intelligencer Gallery page as well as on the cover of The County Magazine twice.
Tina belongs to the Quinte, and Prince Edward County Art Councils and the Belleville Art Association, and is also a volunteer and sponsor for the Quinte United Immigrant Services and a previous member of the Quinte Arts Council Board of Directors.
– 2022: Cover of the County Magazine, Prince Edward County, Fall Edition
– New Venues 2022:
- Lavender Farm, PEC, Lavender Jewellery in the Gift Shop. (2022-2023)
- I-Float in the County, Paintings on display and for sale (2022-2023)
-2017 The County Magazine, Prince Edward County, Tina and her work were on the cover and also a featured article.
-2014 produced theme music, & a featured painting for the “Unraveling Vincent” documentary by Brittany Olerenshaw, at Belleville’s Doc Fest.
– 2013-2023:Commissioned by the Sandbanks Summer Village in 2013 to produce six 6 foot by 4 foot panels of outdoor art depicting life at the Summer Village which continue to be displayed in their outdoor pavili0n.
Work is available at the:
- The PEC Local Store, Bloomfield, Vendor Booth with samples of art, jewellery, and other painted alternate surface. (2016 to 2023)
- Parrott Gallery & Gift shop (2014 to 2023)
- Belleville Art Association (2007 to 2023)
- Presqu’ile Provincial Park Gift Shop and Gallery from April to Oct. (2007-2019, 2023)
- Quinte Arts Council Gallery, occasional show participant. (member 2008-2024)
- Tina has her own studio “Shadow Ridge Studio & Gallery” on the Rednersville Rd. open by appointment year around for sales and service and is also open:
- Labour Day Weekend for the Rednersville Rd. Art Tour, PEC (original founding member and participant from 2007-2023)
- Sept. 22 -24 Prince Edward County Studio Tour (participant from 2016-2023)